At Terminals 1 and 2, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) in Mumbai has erected six reliable DC rapid EV charging stations. The brand-new fast charging stations will be in operation. They will be opened as Public Charging Stations (PCS) for passengers and visitors to CSMIA beginning on December 9th, 2022.
By installing EV charging stations at P1 – Multi-level Car Parking (MLCP) at Terminal 1, P5 – MLCP at Terminal 2, and Airside of CSMIA, the airport is serving as an ambassador for change. Commuters that use the EV charging station at CSMIA’s MLCP for privately owned EVs would only be charged for charging sessions. EV users will receive a discount on their parking costs.
Mumbai airport has complied with all the standards, guidelines, and procedures specified by the regulators while keeping passengers’ safety in mind.
Features of the Fast Charging Stations
- At each of the ports on Landside, CSMIA has successfully put into service two DC fast chargers: the CCS Type II Dual Gun 60 KW and the GB/T (DC 001) Dual Gun 40 kW Charger.
- The fast chargers set up at MLCP work with all of the country’s current electric vehicles.
- To meet the charging requirements of Airside logistics, more 60 kW and 240 KW capacity EV chargers will be installed soon.
Sustainable Advantages of CSMIA’s EV Charging Station
- The availability of EV charging stations will help create a setting that prioritizes minimizing carbon footprints.
- The Air Quality Index (AQI) near the airport has improved.
- CSMIA sources 100% green electricity to charge automobiles that will produce “Zero CO2” thanks to its on-site solar power plant, Vertical Axis Wind Turbine (VAWT), and green power purchases.
The CSMIA spokeswoman commented on this historic launch by saying: “CSMIA operates in a sustainable manner as an organization that is socially and environmentally sensitive. The installation of EV charging stations demonstrates the proactive approach used by CSMIA in making concentrated efforts through a variety of programs toward a greener environment. The CSMIA has embraced efficient and environmentally friendly techniques with the aim of making it one of the world’s most sustainable airports. Mumbai Airport also ensures that its customers receive nothing less than the best services today for a better and more sustainable tomorrow.