Over the past few years, India’s market for automotive components has expanded quickly, in large part due to expansion and productivity in end-user sectors. This year, exports of Indian automotive parts are anticipated to increase significantly. Indian auto component manufacturers of auto parts are preparing for change. They are preparing for a bright new world by diversifying their portfolios, reducing risk, and forming joint ventures (JVs) in addition to planning enormous expansion and investment initiatives.
India’s car parts industry has experienced remarkable expansion. Given its low labor costs and high-quality automobile replacement parts, it has expanded from being a local supplier to a major global player. Because of this rapid expansion, international markets are investing in India. The introduction of new technologies in automobiles has also led to an increase in sales of auto component manufacturers. The two-wheelers, three-wheelers, commercial vehicles, and passenger automobiles make up the majority of the automobile spare parts market in India.
Here is a list of the top 10 Auto component manufacturers in India
- Minda Industries Ltd.: It is a Tier 1 supplier of customized automotive solutions to original equipment manufacturers. With only a little amount of seed money, Minda Industries Ltd. began operations in 1958 and has since expanded into a massive behemoth in the global network of car component production. Its headquarters are at Manesar, Haryana. It operates 52 manufacturing facilities throughout 7 nations. The business creates and manufactures switches for two-, three-, and off-road vehicles. Additionally, it produces batteries for two-, three-, and four-wheeled off-road vehicles.
- Rane Holdings Ltd: Rane Holdings is a significant auto components manufacturer that was incorporated in 1929. Its extensive product line includes seat belts, airbags, brake linings, disc pads, clutch facings, clutch discs, steering gear, suspension and steering linkage, die casting, engine valves, and valve guides. Rane Holdings produces auto parts for light commercial vehicles, two-wheelers, three-wheelers, agricultural tractors, medium and heavy commercial vehicles, and passenger cars.
- Jamna Auto Industries: Jamna Auto Industries is the largest Indian manufacturer of car suspension springs, with its headquarters in Delhi, and was established in 1954. The largest producer of car suspension springs in India is Jamna Industries. There are five factories in India’s largest cities.
- Usha International Ltd.: Established in 1934, Usha is a well-known company. Its headquarters are in Gurgaon, India. They produce components for automobiles, farm equipment, home appliances, sewing machines, fans, power goods, and water coolers.
- Automotive Axles Ltd.: It is the largest producer of automotive axles and rear drive axle assemblies in India. The business was established in 1981 and is situated in Mysuru, Bangalore. Drive axles, front steer axles, defense axles, off-highway axles, non-drive axles, drum brakes, and disc brakes are the main product categories.
- Sundaram-Clayton Ltd: One well-known brand in the Indian car parts industry is Sundaram Clayton. The 1962-founded business provides services for machining, inspection, and testing in addition to providing brakes, axles, road wheels, gearboxes, suspension shock absorbers, radiators, exhaust pipes, catalyzers, clutches, steering wheels, and steering boxes.
- Menon Bearings Ltd: The business is a top producer of engine bearings in India. Its products are utilized in stationary engines, marine engines, tillers, earthmovers, and generators in addition to car engines.
- Mahindra CIE Automotive Ltd.: Mahindra CIF has a solid reputation in the automotive industry. The company’s product lines include leaf spring saddles, spindles, connecting rods, steering knuckles, stabilizer bars, vehicle chassis, and steering components.
- India Nippon Electricals Ltd: One of the industry’s top producers of electronic ignition systems for two-wheelers, three-wheelers, and portable engines is the firm. It was established in 1986 as a partnership between Lucas Indian Service Limited and MAHLE Electric Drives Japan Corporation.
- Varroc Engineering Ltd.: In 1990, Varroc Engineering Ltd. commenced business in India. This tier-1 automotive component manufacturer has its global headquarters in Aurangabad. It is one of India’s biggest producers of car parts. It is a top tier-1 supplier and producer of two- and three-wheelers in India. It ranks as the sixth-largest manufacturer of external automobile lighting worldwide. It is also one of the top three independent suppliers of outside lighting. The business produces advanced automotive components and offers powertrains, electrical electronics, body and chassis components, exterior lighting systems, and exterior lighting systems to the world’s top passenger car and motorcycle segments.